Purview Healthcare Solutions, Inc. desires to be a responsible participant in the health care industry we make every effort to protect the privacy and confidentiality of our clients and those individuals whose healthcare information may be identified within data received by us for the purpose of Medical Billing.
Congress signed into law the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) on August 21, 1996. The purpose of HIPAA is to develop and adopt national standards and requirements that would address the privacy and security of personal health information, and in doing so improve the overall effectiveness of healthcare.
Personal Health Information about an individual contained in the process of receiving and billing services from physicians, and reviewing reports and summaries of such services will be protected in accordance with the requirements and definitions of this Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
This Privacy Statement has been developed to describe for you what kinds of information we collect and how that information is used, disclosed and protected.
- Any disclosure of Protected Health Information for billing purposes will be made in conjunction with covered entities such as a healthcare clearing house guided by the HIPAA regulations for electronic transmissions.
- We will use and disclose personally identifiable health information for purposes of treatment, payment and healthcare operations.
- As a billing company, Purview Healthcare Solutions, will use Personal Health Information to obtain physician payment for services rendered in conjunction with medical treatment.
- Subject to certain requirements, health information may be used for public health purposes, for auditing purposes, for research studies, and for emergencies. When required by law we will provide identifiable health information as requested.
- We are dedicated to observe all other state and federal laws relating to the transmission, storage and access to medical health care data and records.
As permitted by law, we reserve the right to amend or modify this Privacy Statement when changes occur with federal and state laws or other regulations. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or the practices and policies of our company, please feel free to contact: